Learning & Teaching Center
Fall 2012 Workshop Series
- 11/14/12: Online and Hybrid Teaching Brownbag, 1:25-2:25, M351
11/28/12: Blackboard Gradebook, 2:00-3:00, Muntz 112A
- 12/10/12-12/17/12 Online Blackboard Workshop: Taking Control of your Blackboard Menu
- 12/14/12 Happy Hour: What have we learned from our first Semester? 3:00-5:00, Muntz 351.
The UCBA Learning and Teaching Center offers faculty support, resources, and opportunities for supporting student learning. The Center works with faculty to promote scholarly teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning. We recognize that the work of faculty is multifaceted and multidisciplinary. At UC Blue Ash, the Center collaborates with faculty committees, individual faculty, and the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning, located in Langsam Library, to respond to the immediate needs of faculty as they respond to what students need.
The goal of the Center is to foster multi-disciplinary conversations about teaching and learning through collaboration. We believe that we teach and learn better when we open the classroom door to share what we do, when we consult each other and our colleagues through research to inform our practice, and when we involve students in this conversation.
- The Spring 2013 Calendar is coming soon
- Click here for a list of 2012-2013 Teaching and Learning Conferences
- New Faculty FAQs
- Adjunct Faculty Convocation, presentation with teaching tips
- Adjunct Faculty Convocation Handout
The UCBA Learning and Teaching Center offers the following services:
A collection of teaching and learning resource materials located in the UCBA library's higher ed pedagogy section
The sponsorship of faculty learning communities
The design and offering of workshops and summer seminars that address current concerns of teaching and learning
Private tutorials for technology, course development, and alternative teaching strategies