Student Leader & Professional Development Institute
The Student Leader & Professional Development Institute (SLPDI) is an opportunity to build your leadership skills and develop a sense of community at UC Blue Ash. Active participants in the institue will:
- Think critically about a personal definition of individual and organizational leadership and be able to identify their leadership strengths and areas for growth as a future leader at the University of Cincinnati.
- Learn about UC’s Leadership Values through experiential activities and understand how to integrate them in personal and public contexts.
- Develop and enhance theis professional image, including focus on resume, networking and interviewing skills.
- Reinforce the idea that leadership is from the inside out and that everybody has leadership potential. Recognize one’s own leadership potential and capacity for change in university contexts like student organization, classroom participation and the overall campus climate.
- Learn from professionals that have experience exercising different styles of leadership.
Join us for all five SLPDI workshops to get a certificate of completion and a University of Cinncinati padfolio. Attend at least 3 sessions to earn an invitation to the celebratory Ettiquette Dinner on November 20th.
SLPDI Fall Series
All sessions will take place during common hour (12:30-1:30pm) in Walters 100.
|September 14||Leadership 101|
|September 28||True Colors & Teamwork
|October 12||Ideal Resume
|October 26||Roundtable Networking|
|November 20||Etiquette Dinner (RSVP REQUIRED)|
What will I get from completing SLPDI?
In addition to the personal and professional development as listed above...
- Certificate of completion.
- University of Cincinnati padfolio.
- Opportunity to further develop and enhance your skills and strengths as a leader.
- Networking with campus and community leaders.
- Invitation to the celebratory Etiquette Dinner.
- Invitation to the Spring Leadership Retreat in January.