Student Leader Development Institute
The Student Leader Development Institute (SLDI) is an opportunity to build your leadership skills and develop a sense of community at UC Blue Ash. Active participants in the institue will:
- Think critically about a personal definition of individual and organizational leadership and be able to identify their leadership strengths and areas for growth as a future leader at the University of Cincinnati.
- Learn about UC’s Leadership Values through experiential activities and understand how to integrate them in personal and public contexts.
- Reinforce the idea that leadership is from the inside out and that everybody has leadership potential. Recognize one’s own leadership potential and capacity for change in university contexts like student organization, classroom participation and the overall campus climate.
- Learn from professionals that have experience exercising different styles of leadership.
Join us for all five SLDI workshops to get a certificate of completion and some University of Cinncinati swag!
SLDI Fall Series
All sessions will take place during common hour (12:30-1:30pm).
|September 13||Leadership 101||Walters 100|
|September 29||True Colors||Walters 100|
|October 27||Lunch & Leadership with Marcus Langford||Muntz 117
|November 10||Lunch & Leadership with Dean Cady Short Thompson||Walters 100|
|November 17||Practicing your Leadership Style||Muntz 205|
What will I get from completing SLDI?
In addition to the personal and professional development as listed above...
- Certificate of completion.
- Opportunity to further develop and enhance your skills and strengths as a leader.
- Invitation to attend the Leadership Retreat inJanuary.
- Networking with campus and community leaders.
- Invitation to submit your own UCBA Ted Talk Proposal in the Spring Semester.
How do I get started?
- Complete the SLDI Application.
- Attend the series of five workshops (above).
- Complete the capstone reflection (emailed to all participants.)