English Placement Test Overview
For the English Placement test, you will be given an article to read, and in response, you will complose an essay with three required sections. Writing professors from the University of Cincinnati will evaluate your writing in order to place you in the English Class that is best suited to your needs.
The English placement test is not an objective test. It consists of four steps:
- Reading the honor code.
- Reading an assigned article.
- Composing a Word document that includes:
- A one-paragraph summary of the assigned article.
- A multi-paragraph essay responding to the arguments in the assigned article.
- A reflective paragraph about the strengths and weakness in your writing.
- Submitting/uploading the Word document.