UC Blue Ash College Career Center
Have an idea of what you want to do after college? We can help you figure out what you need to do while in college to be highly sought after by the employers you want to work for in the positions you want.
The Career Center is your connection to exploring internship, volunteer, full-time, part-time and seasonal positions. You can discuss the mechanics of resume writing, have your resume critiqued, discern how to give your best interview, participate in a mock interview, and discover strategies for conducting an effective job search. Students and employers exchange information on the office's job and resume posting website: www.hireuc.com where you may post your resume for employers' consideration as well as review and apply for job listings posted by employers.
Services We Offer
- Individual Student Appointments - Call us at (513) 745-5671 or stop by Flory 115 to make an appointment.
- Resume Review - Have your current resume reviewed and revised, or get the tools to create one from scratch. Check out our guide
- Internship Assistance - The Career Center helps connect students with employers in the field of their interest. Learn more
- Cover Letter Assistance - Have your current cover letter reviewed and revised, or get tips on how to write one.
- Interviewing Tips - Learn about how to prepare for an interview, what questions to expect, and follow-up procedures. Interview guide
- Mock Interviews - Practice makes perfect! Get feedback from a practice interview.
- Networking Ideas - Develop your “elevator pitch” for Career Fairs and other networking events.
- Job Search Techniques & Resources - Learn where to look and how to apply for jobs. Resources for job searching
- Access to the UC Blue Ash job posting board - Find out where you can upload your resume and search and apply for jobs. Go to the job board
- Events - Each semester we host a number of events, including a Career Fair, to help you plan for your professional future.
- Alumni Assistance - Even after you graduate, you can return to UC Blue Ash to receive career assistance.
Call, Email, or Stop By to Schedule an Appointment
Career Center Walk-in Hours
|Monday||9:00 - 11:00 a.m.||3:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11:00 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.||3:00 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||11:00 am - 1:50 p.m.|
Other hours available by appointment only. Resume reviews and mock interviews are not available during walk-in hours, please schedule an appointment for these services.
Example Resumes and Skill Sets
Check out these example resumes and skill sets for a variety of programs and majors. See what other people are putting in their resumes, and what might be missing from yours.
Part of your success in college lies in your ability to determine what it is you want to do after college – in other words, identify your career goal.
The Advising Center
Students trying to decide on a major should visit the UC Blue Ash Advising Center. The Advising Center is still the place to go for assessment testing (Myers-Briggs, etc.) that helps identify a student's strengths. The results are used to consider possible majors and a career path. For questions about assessment testing and choosing a major contact the Advising Center email@example.com at or call (513) 745-5753.
After You Have Decided
Once your career goal is identified, The Career Center can help you figure out what you need to do while in college to be highly sought after by employers.
Job Search Database - Hire UC
Students and employers exchange information about off-campus positons on this resume posting website, where students may post their resume for employers' consideration as well as review and apply for job listings posted by employers.
Available services, help guides and announcements of interest can be accessed through icons on the site. All services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Great Career Opportunities for UC Blue Ash Students & Alumni!
One of our premier business partners, McCluskey Chevrolet, would love to train you for a lucrative career in sales.