UC Blue Ash College Dean's Office
The Dean's Office is responsible for a variety of administrative activities involving faculty, staff and students. The office handles college governance policies; curriculum course approvals; the faculty/student award reception; student dismissals, suspensions and probations; the Fresh Start program for returning students and more and many more administrative functions.
Among the Dean's responsibilities are:
- Developing the college budget in consultation with department chairs and administrators;
- Hiring full-time and adjunct faculty upon recommendation of academic departments;
- Hiring administrators when vacancies arise or new positions are established;
- Reviewing all reappointment, promotion, and tenure dossiers, and forwarding recommendations to the next administrative level;
- Requesting and staffing ad hoc faculty committees upon Executive Committee recommendation;
- Establishing decanal committees;
- Appointing department heads based upon departmental recommendations.
UC Blue Ash College Guiding Statements
The faculty, staff, and students of the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College work together to carry out the college’s mission and vision, guided by a special set of core values that are the foundation of who we are and what we want to become.