UC Blue Ash College students will need a laptop computer that runs either Windows or Macintosh operating systems and can be brought to class when required for in-class computer usage. This laptop requirement ensures you will have adequate and timely access to the electronic resources necessary to be a successful UCBA student. Chromebooks or tablets cannot access all of the electronic educational material used at UC Blue Ash, so they are therefore not considered a suitable replacement.
Please note that E-Media Communications and Art and Visual Communications programs have more specific laptop requirements. Students enrolling in transfer programs should also consider any laptop requirements of their intended transfer program.
UC Blue Ash College Recommended Laptop Specifications
|Operating System||Windows 7 or higher||Mac OS X 10.11 or higher|
|Memory||4 GB||8 GB|
|Storage||>250 GB hard drive||>250 GB hard drive or >128 GB SSD|
|Screen||>12 inches||>12 inches|
|Processor||Intel Core I3||Intel Core I5
|Webcam||Built-in or add-on||Built-in or add-on|
|Wireless||802.11n or 802.11ac||802.11n or 802.11ac|
|USB (2 or more)||USB 2|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Mac OS X 10.13|
|Memory||8 GB+||8 GB+|
|Storage||250 GB or larger SSD||128 GB or larger SSD|
|Screen||>15 inches||>13 inches or larger|
|Processor||Intel Core I5 or better||Intel Core I7 or better|
|Webcam||Built-in 720p or greater||Built-in 720p or greater|
How It Benefits Students
The technology requirement contributes to our students' education by providing:
- More meaningful learning experiences.
- Enhanced student services.
- Significant textbook savings.
- More effective note-taking capabilities.
- Portability: enabling you to easily carry all of your resources with you all the time.
- Students’ and faculty’s ability to instantly generate and share media rich content.
- Multiple uses: no need to buy a separate camera, digital recorder, calculator, PRS clicker, etc.
- Extended use: long battery life allows you to make it through the day without charging.