50th Anniversary Initiatives and Announcements
UC Blue Ash College first officially opened its doors on September 25, 1967, when were known as Raymond Walters College and had an enrollment of 632 students. To mark this important occasion, we are celebrating our 50th Anniversary throughout the 2017-18 academic year with a variety of events and activities. We have a lot going on, so here is a list below as a summary of many of the upcoming events and initiatives that are specific to our anniversary. Please join us when you can to help be a part of our celebrations.
To learn more about our history, you can watch our new video about the history of our college – UC Blue Ash College Through the Years – that was featured at our Faculty/Staff Convocation, and you can keep up with the latest news about 50th Anniversary news and events on our website at www.ucblueash.edu/50years.
Our tagline for the anniversary is Inspiring Student Success. Then. Now. Always. Thank you to all who have made this possible in the past, and all who are helping us build on our rich history as we start the next 50 years at UC Blue Ash College!
50th Anniversary Events
- 50 Photo Day – Was taken September 21 at 12:30 pm in the Quad. Everyone wore red or black and helped us mark our 50th Anniversary by creating a human number 50 in the Quad.
- 50th Birthday Party – September 25, either in Quad or Walters 100 (depending on the weather). We will have pizza, cake and a short program to celebrate the day our college opened.
- 50th Anniversary Gala on Thursday, September 28 on our campus. All proceeds support our Student Scholarship Fund.
- UC Blue Ash College Day at UC Football for the UC vs UCF game on Saturday, October 7. Use promo code UCBA50 and get tickets for $25 (vs $34). Get your tickets here.
- 50th Anniversary Speaker Series. Details to come.
- Feature story in the Community Press on our 50th Anniversary running this week in several area newspapers and on Cincinnati.com. You can read it here.
- Billboards on Ronald Reagan Highway through rest of the fall. Started on August 21 and will be posted through mid-November in different locations near I-75 and Galbraith.
- Full page, full-color ads noting our 50th Anniversary in the Cincinnati Enquirer on September 24, 25 and 28.
- 50th anniversary logo (see attached) was created by UC Blue Ash student (now alumnae) Maria Huls. It is included on all printed materials and #UCBA50 is on all social media posts throughout the year.
- News release on Maria creating our 50th Anniversary logo – coming soon.
- 50th Anniversary Taco at TAHONA Kitchen + Bar (Summit Park) featured from September 18 – 24. UC Spicy Serrano Sauce, Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado. 50 cents from the sale of each taco will generously be donated by TAHONA to our Student Scholarship Fund.
- 50th Anniversary Menu at Parker’s Blue Ash Tavern in October – Dates TBD.
- 50th Anniversary book by UC Blue Ash history professor, Rob Gioielli. Copies will arrive in mid-September and will be provided to those who attend the 50th Anniversary Gala. Remaining copies will be sold.
- 50th Anniversary t-shirt is on sale for $10. All proceeds benefit our Student Scholarship Fund. Please make your purchase here.
- Proclamations recognizing our 50th Anniversary are coming from the Ohio State Legislature and City of Blue Ash.
- Cincinnati Museum Center in UCBA Library. This is still being developed, but hope to have display showing 1967 news, events, and artifacts. Tenatively planned for this fall.
50th Anniversary T-shirts
If you aren't planning to attend the 50th Anniversary Gala, or would like to order additional t-shirts, you can use the following link to order shirts for $10 each. All proceeds from these sales will support a great cause, our UC Blue Ash College Student Scholarship Fund.