Writing and Study Skills Center
The Writing and Study Skills Center is now taking appointments through TutorTrac.
The Writing & Study Skills Center has upgraded how we handle appointment requests. UC Blue Ash Students now use the following tool to register a time to meet with a tutor. Having issues? Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you struggle or have any questions about this new tool.
Welcome to the Writing and Study Skills Center. We are located in Muntz Hall, Room 112K.
We offer individual and group tutoring sessions to help students build the foundational skills they need to thrive in college and beyond. Our professional tutors can help you build strategies to become a better writer, reader, and student. All of our tutoring is free to UC Blue Ash students.
The Writing and Study Skills Center at the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College seeks to help UCBA students improve their reading, writing, and study skills and to promote diverse literacies and lifelong learning. The WSSC works with students across the disciplines in collaborative and reflective tutoring sessions grounded in current scholarship and facilitated by caring and experienced academic tutors.
The UCBA Writing and Study Skills Center serves to promote the values of diversity, collaboration, hard work, personal and community responsibility, and critical self-reflection geared toward personal growth. We believe that literacies of all kinds empower students to engage with others in meaningful ways. We understand that working to acquire these literacies is an ongoing process; therefore, we seek to build relationships with students that support their learning throughout their time at UCBA. We support our students by encouraging behaviors that lead to successful lifelong learning and active, responsible citizenship in our community and world.
Appointments can be scheduled through TutorTrac, which is accessible online at https://tutortrac.ucba.ucblueash.edu. Appointments are highly recommended, but walk-ins can be accommodated provided a tutor is available.
If you're interested in checking your appointment times or past visits to the Writing and Study Skills Center, you can follow the steps laid out in our How to Check Tutotrac History document.
- Individual tutoring sessions that provide one hour of tutoring combined with critical reflection on the skills being practiced.
- In-progress sessions are available to allow students to work on their writing projects while having access to a tutor.
- We can help at any stage in the writing process to develop a student’s writing skills and critical thinking in all disciplines--not just English.
- Individual tutoring sessions provide one hour of one-on-one work with a tutor to help build critical reading strategies geared toward helping students comprehend college-level texts in all disciplines.
- Sessions can help students build reading comprehension, critical thinking skills, and vocabulary.
- We can develop individualized reading programs for independent study.
- We provide language and reading support for non-native speakers of English.
Study Skills Services
- Individual tutoring sessions provide one-on-one or small group study skills tutoring in most academic subjects.
- Interactive workshops on topics such as time management, organization, taking notes, improving memory/concentration, managing stress/test anxiety, problem solving, among others.
- Test review service to help students improve their test-taking skills.
Writing and Study Skills Center Hours
Here are the Fall Term hours
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|