Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies in Applied Administration
Get Your UC Bachelor’s Degree at UC Blue Ash College.
You can do it through our Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies in Applied Administration Program.
With the Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies (BTAS) program at UC Blue Ash College, you will:
- Earn your bachelor’s degree from the University of Cincinnati, a globally recognized leader in higher education.
- Learn more about communication, collaboration and strategic planning skills that will help you advance your career and reach your goals.
- Enroll as a junior and enjoy our hybrid class model that combines a flexible schedule with personal attention.
- Take advantage of low tuition rates that help you save money, while preparing you to earn more in your professional career.
- The Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies is a 2+2 program, meaning it is designed for students with an associate degree in an applied or technical field (AAS, AAB, or ATS.)
- For current high school students or those who still need to pursue their associate degree, there are multiple associate degree programs at UC Blue Ash College that align well for those that would like to complete their Bachelor’s of Technical and Applied Studies.
Earn More with a Bachelor’s Degree.
According to the Ohio Bureau of Labor Statistics, your earning potential is greatly affected by your level of education.
In fact, those holding a bachelor’s degree earn nearly 30% more per week than those with an associate degree. (Source: bls.gov)
About the Program
- Designed for students or professionals who already hold a technical or applied associate degree (AAS, AAB, or ATS).
- An excellent opportunity to build the communication, collaboration and leadership skills that will help you advance your career.
- Learn how you can advance your education and career.
- Meet professors and alumni from the program.
- Have your questions about the program answered.
- Find out if the program is right for you.
Interested in More Details?
Check out this presentation by the BTAS program director that offers helpful guidance on academic requirements, admission details and useful skills.
"The Applied Administration program here at UC Blue Ash prepared me for my career in so many ways. It taught me all the aspects of any organization, whether it be IT, marketing, accounting, law, leadership, management - all of those pieces came together, and you could see the background of how to run a business. It helped me get to where I wanted to be."
They Made It Happen in Technical and Applied Studies at UC Blue Ash College
Where It Will Take You
The Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies program was designed through feedback we received from business leaders regarding the skills and training they look for in prospective managers and supervisors. It can help you take your career to the next level or make sure you are better prepared when you begin your professional career.
- Enhance your communications skills
- Build on your community awareness
- Develop strong leadership and management skills
- Improve your marketability as an employee or new graduate
- Advance your career and earn more money
“I gained the skills to take my career to the next level."
-Katie Carter, Technical and Applied Studies Bachelor’s Degree Graduate
Who is eligible for this program?
Admission is open to anyone who holds an applied or technical associate degree such as an AAB, AAS, or ATS from an accredited institution. Our program allows you to work toward a Bachelor’s Degree without losing credits from your associate degree. You can complete general education requirements not included in your associate degree and work on the core requirements for our Bachelor’s Degree in Technical and Applied Studies.
What classes are required?
Students will need to complete 120 total hours, half of which are from the Technical and Applied Studies curriculum. We make it convenient with evening, day, online and hybrid classes.
What is Applied Administration?
Designed for students who already hold a technical or applied associate degree, the technical and applied studies program is ideal for students and working adults who want to move into supervisory or administrative positions in a technological field. The program is suitable for people who have work experience or who have recently earned a technical associate degree (associate of applied science, associate of applied business, or associate of technical studies). It provides graduating students with an edge in their current positions and helps them achieve a supervisory position within their company or industry.
Applied administration coursework allows students to—
- fulfill UC’s general education requirements
- acquire the breadth and depth of a baccalaureate degree
- qualify for career advancement
This program is offered at UC Blue Ash College and UC Clermont College.
Students who are successful in this major are typically analytical, detail-oriented and flexible. They communicate well orally and in writing, and they work well with others as part of a team.
The bachelor’s in applied administration helps technical specialists advance into supervisory positions, usually in a field where a technical background is essential to understanding the organization.
Current and admitted students can locate advisor contact information via the UCBA advising website: https://www.ucblueash.edu/academics/advising/advisor-list.html
UC Advantages and Special Opportunities
University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College is conveniently located in suburban Blue Ash and is accessible from I-75, I-71, I-275 and the Ronald Reagan Highway. The small class size and personal interaction with your professors create the ideal learning environment. Parking is convenient and our tuition is one of the lowest of the UC colleges.
Classes are offered days and evenings, and several courses are offered online or in a hybrid format (partially online with some on-campus class meetings.)
Admission is open to all students who hold an applied or technical associate degree from an accredited institution, such as an AAB, AAS, or ATS. The applied associate degree comprises the first two years of the bachelor of applied technical studies (BTAS.) The curriculum allows students to make up general education requirements not included in their technical/applied associate degree, while completing the core requirements of the program.
Transferring to UC Requirements
Students must have a technical associate degree (AAS, AAB or ATS) to be admitted to this program.
Those who have never attended UC, or who have attended another college after attending UC, must apply for admission by doing the following:
- Complete the Application for Admission (submit either paper application or go on-line at https://www.ucblueash.edu/admissions/steps/apply-now/apply.html
- Pay the application fee ($50—make check payable to the University of Cincinnati).
- Submit official transcripts.
- Receive acceptance letter (with the Admissions Confirmation Form).
- Return completed Admissions Confirmation Form, which confirms your acceptance of our offer of admission, and submit the matriculation fee ($50—make check payable to the University of Cincinnati).
To qualify for a degree, you must fulfill the requirements of the program from which you expect to graduate and must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average. It is your responsibility to take the courses necessary for graduation and to meet the UC residency requirements.
You must complete an Online Degree Application, usually the semester before you expect to graduate. You should see your advisor for specific information well in advance of your final semester.
UC Blue Ash College operates on a rolling admissions policy. This means you can begin taking courses at the start of any term, not just fall. Application deadlines for each term are available on the UCBA Admissions web site: https://www.ucblueash.edu/admissions/steps.html
AccreditationThe University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Bachelor of Tech & Appli Stds Degree in Applied Administration
Full-Time Program Duration
Blue Ash College
Blue Ash College
Blue Ash, OH 45236
Phone: (513) 745-5625