Dental Hygiene Clinic
Phone Number: 513-558-9589
Must call to schedule an appointment, no walk-ins available.
Brightening Smiles for More Than 50 Years
Since 1967, the Dental Hygiene program at UC Blue Ash has been preparing well qualified and caring dental hygienists for employment throughout the region. Led by our nationally-recognized faculty, students are guided in the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for positions of responsibility in the oral care system through a unique blend of laboratory, clinical and classroom experiences. This accredited two year program leads to an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
Our dental hygiene clinic is open to the public, enabling students and faculty to serve the community through dental evaluations and preventive treatment.
What To Expect
It may take two or more appointments to ensure complete and thorough treatment. Each appointment may last up to four hours. The services rendered by our students are carefully observed and evaluated by faculty members, therefore treatment proceeds more slowly than in a private office.
Advancement of our students and successful treatment depends on your commitment and ability to keep all scheduled appointments.
In the event you must change or cancel an appointment, please give the clinic at least 24 hours advance notice. Due to limited appointment times available, we may be unable to reschedule missed or cancelled appointments.
We are located in Walters Hall at the far end on the first floor. As you face our campus, we are the building on your right. You will find green-lined visitor parking spaces by our entrance. If spaces are full, please park in any of the white-lined student parking spaces.
We are located on #4 Metro Bus Line (Plainfield Rd.).
Additional Local Cincinnati Dental Clinics
If you can't make it to our clinic on the UC Blue Ash campus, check out this map of dental locations to find low-cost, Medicaid-eligible and free clinics in the Cincinnati area.
Please note, this listing does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship by UC Blue Ash College.
Preventative Treatment Services Provided
- Health History (including Blood Pressure Screening)
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Periodontal Assessment
- Oral Hygiene Education (including home care products)
- Radiographs (X-rays)
- Tooth Desensitization
- Local Anesthetic
- Oral Prophylaxis (scaling, root planing and polishing)
- Fluoride Treatment
- Cleaning of dentures
- Smoking Cessation Education
- Nutritional Counseling
Services Not Provided*
- Tooth extractions
- Root canals
- Restorative work of any kind
- Teeth whitening
*While these services are not provided on a daily basis at the clinic, some services may be offered on a limited basis during our annual Community Dental Day event.
Fees & Payment
The following fees include all applicable services listed above:
|3 to 15||$20.00|
|16 to 64||$30.00|
|UC Faculty & Staff||Free|
The following fees are not included:
|Sealants (17 & younger)||$5.00 per tooth|
- Fees are non-refundable
- The clinic accepts credit cards, checks and money orders
- Cash is not accepted
- The clinic cannot accept or process any insurance.
All payments due at appointment.
Open: September-April (by appointment only)
September - first week of December Hours of Operation
- Morning Sessions: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Afternoon Sessions: Wednesdays
Mid-January - Mid-February Hours of Operation
- Morning Sessions: Tuesday and Thursdays
- Afternoon Sessions: Wednesdays
Mid-February - April Hours of Operation
- Morning Sessions: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
- Afternoon Sessions: Tuesday Wednesday and Thursdays
Due to the popularity of our clinic we cannot guarantee an appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please call 513-558-9589.
It is necessary that patients seek additional care from a private dentist, since services performed by our students are limited to preventive treatment and do not replace regular dental care.
Community Dental Day
Friday, March 4, 2022 from 8:00am - 2:00pm
This special one-day event occurs annually, with free exams and dental services provided by UC Blue Ash College Dental Hygiene students and faculty, along with partner dentists and dental professionals.
Patients 18 years of age and older in need of dental treatment may choose to have one FREE service: a filling, extraction or cleaning. Everyone is expected to wear a mask on the UC campus. Please make sure to follow the CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19.
- Arrive early; registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Patients will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
- Patients with specific medical conditions may not be seen on this day.
In case of severe weather, check local news stations. Please be aware that if the University of Cincinnati is delayed or closed for the day, the event will be cancelled. There will be no makeup day for this event.
Patients with the following medical conditions will not be seen on this community day:
- History of Total Joint Replacement
- Heart attack or stroke within the past 6 months
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Prosthetic Cardiac Valve
- Previous Infective Endocarditis
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Current use or History of Bisphosphonates (Fosamax, Actonel, Boniva, etc.)
- Current use of blood thinners such as Plavix, Coumadin, Warfarin, etc.
For questions please call (513) 558-9589.
Dental Waste Recycling
- Gather your dental waste.
- Manual toothbrushes
- Toothpaste tubes
- Floss containers
- Drop off your items.
- Drop-off locations outside the UC Blue Ash Dental Hygiene Clinic in Walters Hall and outside the Library in Muntz Hall
- We turn your trash into cash.
- We send your items to TerraCycle. They send us money.
- We fund treatment.
- All money earned through dental waste recycling goes to fund treatment in our clinic.
Dental Hygiene Clinic