Distance Learning Accommodations
UC Blue Ash College recognizes the need and importance of accommodating for distance learning for students with certain disabilities or disadvantages.
Procedure for Distance Education / Online Course Accommodations
If you are already registered with the Accessibility Resources office and are taking an online course along with standard classes, the same procedure will apply. You will need to contact AR and inform them. This procedure will begin for you at Step #4.
Accommodations for Distance Education (Online) Courses:
In order to begin receiving academic accommodations for online courses, you must register with the Accessibility Resources Office (AR). You need to:
- Contact our office at 513-792-8625 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an Intake Interview (or phone interview, if applicable) with a Director of AR to review documentation (see below) to ensure that accommodations will be provided. Please note that the intake interview will take about 35 – 40 minutes to complete.
In order for our office to provide the most appropriate and reasonable accommodations, we would prefer to receive documentation that follows the guidelines listed below. Once the documentation is provided, an intake will follow to discuss the impact of the disability within the academic environment. Please contact our office if you have any additional questions or comments.
Documentation from a qualified professional should be recent (3 years old or newer is preferred). The best quality documentation is from a licensed or credentialed professional who is a good match for the disability described (e.g., a psychologist should not diagnose an orthopedic disability). Documentation should include the following:
- A clear diagnostic statement that describes when and how the condition was diagnosed and provides information on the impact of the disability;
- A description of the diagnostic methods (if applicable) should be included;
- Documentation should contain a description of how the condition will impact the student within the academic environment;
- Current and past accommodations, services, and/or medications should be documented if applicable;
- Fax or bring your documentation to our campus location: 112L Muntz Hall or fax to (513) 792-8624. Upon scheduling an Intake Interview our Director of AR will then review your documentation. You will be notified if your documentation meets requirements or if additional information/documentation is required before accommodations can be provided.
- Once your documentation is approved and accommodations determined, the Director of AR will complete all appropriate paperwork and submit your file to the Accommodation Coordinator of your respective home college, i.e. College of Education, College of Engineering, etc., who will be your main point person for problems/issues/advocacy related to your status as a student with a disability. The Director of AR will provide you with the appropriate contact name, phone, and e-mail of your Accommodation Coordinator. Please note that this person is housed in the Accessibility Resources Office and not your home college.
- AR will send a PDF version of your accommodations to your UC e-mail. This will serve as your Accommodation Form for that term. Your responsibility will be to forward the Accommodation Form to each online instructor.
- If there are problems/issues associated with the accommodations listed, the Director of AR will work with you and the instructor to determine a reasonable solution. The student should alert his or her Director of AR about any such issue.
The student will register once with AR. If additional accommodations are needed, additional documentation will also be needed to support this request. If online accommodations are required for subsequent terms, it is the student’s responsibility to contact AR via e-mail at email@example.com
Pamela Goines - Director
John Kraimer - Program Director
Muntz Hall • Room 112L
(Far right corner of computer concourse)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (513) 792-8625