Blackboard Tutorials & Guides for Faculty
Blackboard Help Center
Here are the tutorials and guides provided by Blackboard at their help center.
Here are short tutorials on getting started with the basics of Blackboard. Click on the white triangle that appears in the center of the screen to play the video. Scroll your mouse over the bottom of the video to get the playback bar. On the lower right corner, click on the screen icon to get full screen display. These tutorials are made with Blackboard Version 9.1.
- Logging in and checking your email address for Blackboard
- Adding announcements and a syllabus
- Customizing your Blackboard course menu by adding buttons
- Creating a Blackboard banner using Paint
- Creating a Blackboard banner using Jing
- Making your course available
- Copying the entire content of one course to another (course copy)
- Creating a Blog
- Creating a Journal
- Creating a Discussion Board Forum
- Sending Email from Tools and the Gradebook
- Creating a grade column and entering a grade
- Creating a weighted grade column in the gradebook
- Grading the Discussion Board in v 9.1
Blackboard Being Slow?
BB V. 9 is generally slower than BB V. 8 because there are a lot more background scripts running. You may need to upgrade your web browser to it's most recent available version, so that it can cope with all things Blackboard asks it to do.