News Releases

UC Blue Ash Professors and Students Graduate Together

on

Four professors at the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College had the privilege of not only seeing their students earn their degrees, but also joining them as fellow graduates in the University of Cincinnati’s Summer Commencement on August 3.

Jacquelyn Gibbs, Tracy Herrmann, Heather Moore and Debbie Page are all professors at UC Blue Ash and each took part in the graduation ceremony where they formally received their doctorate degrees. Some of the professors also had students who received their associate or bachelor’s degree from the college as part of the same ceremony.

Professors Moore and Herrmann with Sulamen Noor, one of their students who also participated in commencement.

Professors Moore (Left) and Herrmann with Sulamen Noor, one of their students who also participated in commencement.

UC typically separates the commencement ceremonies for doctorate and master’s level students from undergraduates, but since the ceremony is small for summer commencement, all of the graduates receive their degrees together.

“It’s exciting to graduate with my students because I’ve seen some of them all the way from when they were just entering our college through our associate degree program, to the completion of our online bachelor’s degree in radiation science technology,” says Herrmann. She is a professor of radiologic technology and interim associate dean of academic affairs at UC Blue Ash. Herrmann earned her PhD in educational studies with a concentration in higher education.

The majority of the professors at UC Blue Ash have the terminal (highest available) degree in their field and many have a combination of education and experience that provides invaluable perspective for their students.

Jacquelyn Gibbs teaches in the Nursing program at the college. She already had her Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), but said earning her doctorate has been a longtime goal. “It was something I always wanted to do, it was on my to-do list once my kids were a little older. I also wanted to be a role model to my students and earn that terminal degree.”

The four professors also provide an example of lifelong learning, something they encourage all of their students to pursue.

About UC Blue Ash College

Recommended for you