More Stuff

UC Blue Ash Professor Appointed to State Board

on

Mary Kaye Scaramucci is all smiles after being appointed by Ohio Governor John Kasich to serve on the Ohio State Dental Board.

Mary Kaye Scaramucci

Scaramucci is a professor of dental hygiene at the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College who has worked in dental hygiene for 40 years and has been teaching at the college since 1985. She earned her Bachelor of Science from West Liberty University in West Virginia and her Master of Science in dental hygiene education from the University of North Carolina.

Scaramucci is a longtime member of the Ohio Dental Hygienists’ Association (ODHA) and, after applying for an open spot on the state dental board, received a recommendation by the ODHA Board of Trustees.

“I am honored that the ODHA selected me out of several qualified applicants,” says Scaramucci. “Dental hygiene is my passion and this nomination is the pinnacle of my career.”

The mission of the Ohio State Dental Board is to promote excellence in dentistry and to protect the public through licensure, education and enforcement of standards with fairness and integrity. The board consists of 13 members – nine are practicing dentists, three are active dental hygienists and one is a member of the public at large.

Scaramucci is the first dental hygienist from UC Blue Ash to serve on the state board. Her term began on July 9 and runs through April 6, 2022.

“I look forward to contributing to the quality of excellence in dentistry for all Ohioans,” says Scaramucci. “Oral health is a critical component to our overall health and I hope to help spread that message across the state.”

About UC Blue Ash College