Contests

New Year Begins with Free Tuition for UC Blue Ash Student

on

2017 is off to a great start for Chuntel Murawski. The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College student just learned that she is receiving free tuition for the spring semester, which began January 9. The prize has a value of $3,005.

“I’m really excited. When I received the email notifying me that I won I had to read it about six times. I couldn’t believe this was real,” says Murawski, who added that she knew it was true when she saw that her bill for the semester was already paid in full. “I called my mom right away. I still can’t believe it; it’s kind of like winning the lottery.”

Students returned for the start of the spring semester on January 9, 2017

Murawski’s good fortune came through a program at UC Blue Ash that encourages returning students to register early for the upcoming semester so they can get the classes and schedule they prefer. Those who registered for spring by the December 9, 2016 deadline were automatically entered into a drawing. Her name was selected out of 3,146 students who were eligible.

The financial reward is especially sweet for Murawski since she works full-time while taking a full load of courses in her pre-pharmacy program and maintaining a 4.0 grade point average. Her plans are to complete the pre-pharmacy program at UC Blue Ash and attend the University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy.

Murawski graduated from Middletown High School with honors but says she took a little while in college to figure out what she wanted to do. She chose UC Blue Ash because of its proximity to her work and because it offered the pre-pharmacy program that will prepare her for her future goals. “I’ve always been strong in chemistry, but I initially wasn’t sure if pharmacy was the career I wanted. Now I know it is and I am really focused on reaching my goal,” she says.

Winning free tuition is an unexpected part of Murawski’s formula for success.

About UC Blue Ash College

UC Blue Ash College is a regional college within the University of Cincinnati. It offers one of the best values in higher education with access to a nationally recognized UC education in nearly 50 degrees and certificates, as well as tuition that is about half of most colleges and universities. The college is located on a scenic 135-acre wooded campus in the heart of Blue Ash, Ohio.