UCBA is proud to announce the Diversity is Beautiful Award. This award is geared towards celebrating staff, faculty, and administrators who have shown a significant “awareness of diversity and inclusion”. Nominees must also demonstrate an interest in helping their students’ “growth in the knowledge of diversity”. Nominations are due by February 15, 2017.
Recipients of this award should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate sensitivity to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Recognize a need of preparation for diversity in our global society and workplace.
- Exhibit a commitment to creating a welcoming environment and a spirit of inclusiveness.
- Encourage students’ “growth in the knowledge of diversity”.
- Provide services related to diversity that go beyond their role at the University
Nomination and Selection Process
This award is sponsored by the Multicultural Council in conjunction with the Cultural Diversity Committee. UCBA students are invited to nominate a UCBA faculty, staff or administrator. Nominees must have been at the College for at least 2 years to receive the Diversity is Beautiful Award. The nomination process will be online (via survey monkey) and students are asked to submit the following information:
- Name of nominee
- Name of nominator
- A brief response (no more than one (1) page) addressing the following question;
- How does the nominee meet the award criteria?
Once nominations have been received, the nominee will be notified and asked to submit the following supplemental documentation:
- No more than a one page statement addressing how the nominee meets the awards criteria
Submitted documentation will be reviewed by a committee of students, faculty and staff which includes: 2 members from the Multicultural club (if available) and one from CDC and 2 from MCC.( one staff, one faculty).