Available to UCBA students:
M. -F. 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
18 months to 5 years
Join a Parent Support Group
The Parent Support Group is co-sponsored by Beech Acres. Meetings have been held once each week for eight weeks of the term. At the meetings student have shared negative and positive concerns, exchanged information, planned activities, and sponsored topic speakers.
Our goal is to empower parents/families, so we do not wish to be a dating service or a place for parents to work only on personal issues. We recognize that many personal issues affect family functioning and welcome the opportunities to discuss such issues and relate them to parenting concerns.
Activities for the group are planned by the members each year. Some of the activities sponsored in the past include:
- Bake Sale Fundraisers
- Health Fair
- Your Rights as an Abuse Victim
- Christmas Parties with members children
- Multicultural Parenting seminar
- Worldfest participation (sold pops as a fundraiser)
- Food & Nutrition Workshop
- Legal Information Session (lawyer as resource)
- Chuck E. Cheese Outing with members' children
- Ice Skating
- Co-sponsored Women's History Month Recognition (March)
- Tax information session (Feburary)
- Student Parent Fair