UC Blue Ash College has prepared a set of guides and tutorials to help students prepare for the English and Math placement tests. The free resources are also designed to help students get ready for college in general.
Placement Test Preparation
What You'll Find in the Free Open Education Tutorials
Guides for the English Placement Test
- Introduction Survey - This survey asks questions about your background in English and your confidence in your skills.
- What to expect on the English Placement test
- Working with reading materials
- Reflecting on your writing
- Practice English placement tests
- Sample scoring rubric for the placement test
Guides for the Math Placement Test
- Chart of the mathematics courses offered at UC Blue Ash.
- Practice Placement Tests
- Review of the fundamentals of Algebra
- Review in Math Literacy
- Course on Introductory Algebra
- Course on Intermediate Algebra
Additional Tutorials and Resources Included
In addition to the resources included directly to help with the math and English placement tests, there are additional resources on topics in biology and chemistry that students can review.
Get Started with The Free Preparation Materials
The following link will take you to the Open Education Blackboard Portal. In order to access the materials, students need to enroll in the course, and sign-up for a blackboard account.
In addition, students should have completed applying to UC Blue Ash College before accessing these resources.
Additional Math Resources
Entry-level mathematics courses at UC are divided into three groups (see the table at the bottom of this page). The sample questions have been divided into three corresponding groups. The "Print Questions" and "Print Answers" links (below) allow to download the printable PDFs.
|Level 1 Course||Level 2 Course||Level 3 Course|
|Print Questions||Print Questions||Print Questions|
|Print Answers||Print Answers||Print Answers|
Do not use a calculator! These questions represent mathematical tasks that you are expected to do in the various courses without the aid of electronic devices.