College Credit Plus Benefits & Risks
The Benefits of College Credit Plus
- Allows students to earn simultaneous high school and transcripted college credits—based on a cumulative grade, not just off one test.
- Accelerates a student’s college career and provides quality, affordable education close to home.
- Provides students with a wider range of class options and allows them to complete general education college requirements. These are transferable according to Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG) and Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) guidelines.
- Lowers the overall cost of post-secondary education.
- Shortens the time to complete a college degree and allows increased flexibility in student scheduling.
- Introduces the rigor and expectations of college work—helps students achieve college readiness.
- Eliminates repetitive, overlapping coursework between high school and college.
The Risks of College Credit Plus
- Although TAG/OTM courses are guaranteed transfer to Ohio Public Institutions of Higher Education with a grade of D or better, how they transfer may differ depending on the major. Students should check with institutions of interest regarding transfer prior to CCP enrollment.
- College transfer credits earned through CCP are generally accepted by most major institutions. However, credits are not always guaranteed for transfer toward private or out-of-state institutions. Students should check with institutions of interest regarding transfer prior to CCP enrollment.
- Grades received through CCP are reflected twice—on high school and college transcripts. On both transcripts grades will affect respective GPAs. Low grades may also negatively impact potential college admissions and financial aid opportunities.
- Students taking CCP courses on campus are responsible for arranging transportation
- To avoid fees: Students will need to know the University of Cincinnati policies including fees for late registration, dropping and withdrawing from classes. Students will be given UCBA Student Handbooks during the mandatory UCBA CCP Orientation.