College Credit Plus Nonpublic and Home School Information
Nonpublic, Non-charted Nonpublic, and Home Schooled Participation
Nonpublic, non-chartered nonpublic, and home schooled students may participate by following additional procedures. Funding awarded regulates the number of credit hours. For funding, a letter will need to be on file at the Ohio Department of Education as well as UCBA, CCP Admission’s office. Your student will be placed in Option A until this letter is received and on file with the limited number of credit hours allotted to the student for participation.
To apply for CCP, these students must do the additional steps for the Ohio Department of education listed below. Updated information and dates will be made available at www.ohiohighered.org/ccp by mid February, 2016.
1. Submit to the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) an intent -to-participate letter.
2. Mail to ODE Center for School Options and Finance an application for Non-Public Student Participation in College Credit Plus (CCP) Option B.
- All applications must be mailed to ODE. Deadline and requirements still coming and will be made available at www.ohiohighered.org/ccp by mid February, 2016.
- Applications are not accepted in person, at area offices, or at the ODE office in Columbus.
- Applications must be fully completed to be considered for funding in this program.
- Applications not fully completed will be denied.
The application form must include signatures by the student, parent, high school guidance counselor, and college official before the application is processed.
ODE will mail an award offer to all eligible non-public school students. UC Blue Ash CCP students MUST email a scanned, copy to: email@example.com
Award Offer Limitations and Additional Costs
If students decide to take more classes than awarded from the state for participating in the College Credit Plus program, students/families will be required to pay the standard per-credit-hour fee of the college. View rates
Example costs to expect in the CCP program:
- Tuition (for additional classes over the award offer limit)
- Course materials
Application Deadline for Funding from the Ohio Department Of Education
Nonpublic and Homeschool students interested in funding must apply for the program by the UC Blue Ash College CCP Summer deadline (March 1, 2016) regardless of when student plans on taking courses to meet the state’s mandatory deadline. Learn more at the Ohio Department of education website at www.ohiohighered.org/ccp.
For additional information about non-public school participation, please contact Wendy Cantrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Schooled Students Additional Requirements
Students who were home schooled follow the same process as all other CCP applicants, plus some additional requirements.
To be considered, home-schooled students must also submit the following with their application materials:
- a detailed curriculum, including course content descriptions
- a copy of the superintendent release form authorizing the home-schooling (Ohio students only, as required by the State of Ohio)
- other documentation upon request