CCP - College Credit Plus Program
UC Blue Ash College is no longer accepting new CCP applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Our capacity has been reached, we invite you to consider applying to the program next year.
The College Credit Plus Program was established to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students in grades 7-12. Students will earn both high school and transcripted college credit. Each college has different requirements, and different application processes that must be completed in order to participate. UC Blue Ash College (UCBA) is participating in the “Courses Offered on College Campus” CCP option. Classes are available only through UCBA, on campus or online during weekdays, evenings or Saturdays.
CCP Enrollment Process
The CCP enrollment process includes taking the Math and English Qualifying/Placement Tests (during scheduled, proctored times on our campus.) Students must test into college-level math and English; remedial classes are not permitted. ACT/SAT scores will be accepted if they are officially sent to UCBA. Other components include submission of an online application, official transcript/ grades, and printed forms (Basic Data and Application Signature & Authorization).
CCP Benefits and Risks
There are many benefits and risks associated with participating in College Credit Plus. Students and parents should read and understand the pros and cons of participating in the CCP program, so an informed decision may be made.
CCP Guidelines & Costs
The Ohio Revised Code/Board of Regents has set the guidelines, process, and costs for College Credit Plus in Ohio. In this section, an overview of those guidelines can be found along with those from the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College and the UCBA CCP Program.
Classes and Sample Model Pathways
Included in this section are examples of classes including math placement test scores with correlating classes and model sample pathways for two of our programs. You will find links to all our UC Blue Ash College’s programs and degrees as well as our complete list of classes in this section as well as below.
Important Dates & Deadlines
The following important dates must be met in order to participate in the program: Application materials should be submitted at least two weeks before final deadlines.
- January 11, 2017 - CCP Application becomes available for students wishing to start in Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and/or Spring 2018 at UC Blue Ash College.
- March 15, 2017 - Last day to complete a CCP Application and reserve seating at a CCP Processing Event.
- January 15 - March 16, 2017: Attend your reserved CCP Processing Event which is mandatory for acceptance into the program. Includes qualifying tests as well as information about the program for students wishing to start in Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and/or or Spring 2017.
- By April 1: Letter of Intent to Participate in College Credit Plus must be completed and turned into the school district or the Ohio Department of Ed. Check with your school or click to learn more.
- By April 1: All UC Blue Ash College’s CCP students are notified regarding the status of their acceptance for any or all of the following terms: summer, fall, and spring semesters.
- During July:
- Attend UCBA Help Sessions for registering for fall term 2017 (Optional)
Note to Nonpublic, nonchartered nonpublic, and home schooled students:
- Check with the Ohio Department of Education at www.ohiohighered.org for dates and additional rules.
- Click here for more details on this process for UC Blue Ash College.