The Online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology
Picture Your Future in Radiologic Technology.
Be the Image of Leadership.
Can you see yourself as a leader in the high-tech world of health care? An online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology from UC Blue Ash College can bring your vision to life. Learn radiologic technology and science from experts and position yourself to become a decision-maker in a growing field.
- 100% online — No campus visits required
- Focused internship — Choose Management or Education
- World-class faculty — Learn from experts in the field
- Growing Industry — 84,000 new jobs projected (2012-2022)
- Transfer credits accepted
An Industry on the Rise
It’s no secret that health care is the fastest-growing industry in the United States, but did you know that medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals are among the top 15 health care jobs for employment growth? In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the medical imaging and radiation sciences field to grow by 26% from 2012 to 2022**. What does that mean for you? How about 84,000 new jobs and a world of opportunity to make your mark on the future of health care.
Learn From Leaders
When you choose to pursue a radiologic science degree from UC Blue Ash College, you position yourself to learn from bona fide industry leaders. Our faculty includes decision-makers from some of the foremost organizations in radiologic science and technology, including:
- Julie Gill – Former President , Board of Directors for the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- Tracy Herrmann – Chairman, Board of Directors for The Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences (AEIRS)
- Barry Southers – President of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Tiffany Roman – Board of Directors for the Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists (OSRT)
Where It Will Take You
Professionals who hold a radiology degree are innovators, educators and managers in a variety of settings, including general medical and surgical hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical and diagnostic labs, outpatient imaging centers and specialty hospitals. A Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology can unlock a variety of high-level career opportunities including:
- Shift supervisor
- Chief technologist
- Clinical instructor
- Program director
- Clinical supervisor
- Computed tomography technologist
Who Should Choose an Online Bachelor of Radiation Science Degree?
The online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology from UC Blue Ash is designed to promote marketability and career growth for candidates who hold an associate degree in medical imaging or radiation therapy along with the proper certification. There is no formal work experience requirement for admission. With many careers in radiation science technology having such a broad salary range, a radiology degree is a great way to maximize your value as a professional.
We make it possible. You make it happen. UC Blue Ash is molding a new generation of educational and management professionals in medical imaging and the radiologic sciences.
- Develop advanced technical competencies in pathophysiology and CT science.
- Build leadership abilities through coursework in research, ethics, workplace education and communication strategy.
- Shape the future of health care with a dynamic degree delivered by industry specialists.
Radiation Science : Distance Learning
What is Radiation Science : Distance Learning?
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology (BRST) program was created in response to changing needs within the health care industry. The program focuses on workforce development and the preparation of competent educational and management professionals from the fields of medical imaging and radiologic sciences. Delivered online and designed to be convenient and flexible for working professionals, the program seeks to develop proficient leaders who can manage, innovate and lead change within the evolving health care environment.
Students will be successful in this online program when they are self-driven, easily meet deadlines, and enjoy working with technology.
Unlock the knowledge and professional traits that define leadership in every organization. The UC Blue Ash online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology program is designed to help you develop the advanced skills to help you become a supervisor, clinical or academic educator, or enter into a management role. Develop your technical competencies by focusing on imaging modalities, pathophysiology, CT science and the current topics that are shaping the industry. Become a better communicator. Gain perspective on the bigger picture of health care. Focus on ethics, diversity, social responsibility, workplace education, interpersonal connections, research, writing and leadership strategies. Whether you’re looking to advance in your current organization or seeking new opportunities elsewhere, this is a degree designed to help you gain autonomy and take the next step in your professional development.
- Build leadership perspective as you develop both the technical radiological skills and leadership competencies to help you advance or create new opportunities.
- Discover what it takes to make an impact as a manager and educator within your department or a health care organization by focusing on communication, ethics, social responsibility and diversity in medical imaging and radiation sciences.
- Develop your core competencies to become a well-rounded professional who can excel as a critical thinker, problem solver and source of knowledge in a wide variety of organizations within the health care world.
For more information on the Radiation Science Technology online bachelor's degree program please contact the enrollment advisor at email@example.com.
UC Advantages and Special Opportunities
When you participate in the UC Blue Ash online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology program, you’re learning from and interacting with faculty members who are shaping the industry. Many of our faculty members are or have been influential leaders in some of the largest and most important organizations in radiologic science and technology today. These include: the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT), the Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences (AEIRS), the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), and the Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists (OSRT). Our diverse faculty features award-winning technologists and educators. Many have received national and international exposure serving as elected officers, board members and delegates. In these roles they have helped to shape the curriculum that de?nes radiologic science and technology across the world today.
- Engage with UC Blue Ash faculty members who are thought leaders in the field, actively helping to shape the future of radiologic science and technology across the world.
- Experience the benefits of high--quality teaching from UC Blue Ash faculty who are specifically trained to be experts in delivering education online and embody a continued dedication to excellence in online learning.
The UC Blue Ash online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology curriculum focuses on developing both educational and management leadership competencies as well as advancing theoretical knowledge in computed tomography. At its core, the program provides practical knowledge that is immediately applicable in the high-tech health care workplace. This direct application in conjunction with an internship and group projects promotes on-the-job visibility with existing organizational leaders and managers. In addition, the program structure helps to develop professional connections and career discovery opportunities through in-program networking and workplace skills application. It’s an approach that challenges students to think bigger about their role and radiologic science and technology within the larger health care context. By examining its role in health care, students are empowered to advocate for the field, for safety and innovation. It’s a unique experience that illustrates the importance of social responsibility for future leaders in the profession.
- Demonstrate the knowledge you learn during the program to create new opportunities and gain visibility with leadership.
- Gain practical knowledge and professional leadership skills that you can put to use in your career while you’re still in school.
- Network with working professional students and the faculty at UC Blue Ash to develop your professional connections and gain perspective that can help change the profession.
- Get involved and participate in an advanced analysis of radiologic science and technology to gain information that can help you get ahead of the curve, advocate and prepare for the future.
Freshman Admission Requirements
This program is designed for students who have earned an associate degree from a medical imaging or radiation therapy program (i.e. radiologic technology, diagnostic medical sonography) and hold a national certification. Transfer credits may be awarded for previous educational experiences in these areas upon submission and review of appropriate documentation. Additional credits may be awarded for equivalent college courses taken at accredited institutions listed in the curriculum upon review of official transcripts.
To be admitted, students are required to hold national board certification within the profession. The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the core courses in the junior and senior years of the program:
- Cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or better upon completion of medical imaging or radiation therapy program
- Proof of professional certification
If you are nationally certified within the profession but do not have the associate degree, we can review your situation on an individualized basis and may be able to assist you in earning your associate degree so you can progress to the Radiation Science online bachelor's degree program.
All applicants MUST contact the enrollment advisor for intake advising. Failure to contact the advisor may result in delayed admission into the program. Please email the enrollment advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transferring to UC Requirements
Transfer students must meet the admission criteria and are required to have all of their college transcripts sent to University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College - Offsite Admission Center, Attn: Alexandrea Banks, 2145 MetroCenter Blvd. Ste 400, Orlando, FL 32835. Transcripts must be sent by the school or certificate provider. If the transcripts are being provided by the student, they MUST BE stamped "official" in a sealed envelope from the school. If you have questions about submission, call (513)745-5700.
- Official High School Transcript (must be sent from the school or GED certificate and test scores) *If submitted by student the transcript MUST BE stamped "official" in a SEALED envelope from the school.
- Official College Transcript(s) - You are required to provide official transcripts from every college you have attended regardless of the number of credit hours you took or the grades you earned. If you have earned fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter college credits, you must submit high school transcripts as part of your transfer application.
Students must maintain good standing, pass all courses with a C- or higher, and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 to graduate from this program.
Application deadlines for this online program are earlier than other programs within the University of Cincinnati and are listed below:
Fall Semester - July 1st
Spring Semester - October 25th
Summer Semester - February 25th
AccreditationThe University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Bachelor of Radiation Sci Tech Degree in Radiation Science : Distance Learning
Full-Time Program Duration
Blue Ash College
9555 Plainfield Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236
Phone: (866) 665-4187