UCBA Alumni Mentoring Program
Apply to be a mentor! We’re recruiting UC Blue Ash alumni to serve as Alumni Mentors during the 2016-2017 academic year, starting this fall, to guide one matched UCBA current student in professional and career development.
We provide the training and the monthly topics for you to succeed as a mentor—we just need YOU to apply! With the flexibility found in this program, you have the ability to work around your busy schedule without skipping a beat. This program is the perfect way to become reengaged with UC Blue Ash in a format that works for you.
The UC Blue Ash Alumni Mentoring Program matches our alumni with current students to provide guidance, advice, and help with career development. The purpose of this program is to re-engage with our alumni while enhancing the way we professionally prepare current UC Blue Ash students. We hope to better equip them with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed once they become part of the alumni family. It’s hard to think of a better way to make an impact on our students’ lives.
UC Blue Ash students can now apply to be mentees in the Alumni Mentoring Program
Student Mentee Participation Criteria
- 18 years of age, or older
- Second-year students, or higher
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- All majors and programs accepted!
Don't wait! September 16, 2016 is the deadline to submit your application to become a student mentee.
We are still recruiting UC Blue Ash alumni for the Alumni Mentoring Program
As an Alumni Mentor, we’ll match you with a student of similar career interest and guide your experience as a mentor with events and monthly topics for discussion. There will be several group events throughout the year, including a Kick-off event, Mentoring roundtables, and a Speed-Interviewing Workshop. Mentors will guide the mentoring relationship with their mentee in between pre-planned events, through in-person meetings, phone conversations, email, video chat, etc. You will have the flexibility to develop a schedule that works best for both of you. The 2016-2017 Alumni Mentoring Program will Kick-Off in October and wrap up with a year-end celebration in early May.
We are currently recruiting for Alumni Mentors to begin in the fall of this year. If this program sounds like something you’d be interested in, please fill out the online application today! For more details about this new program or if you have any questions, please contact Katelyn Hainline, Development and Alumni Coordinator, at email@example.com, or 513.936.1500.
Details About the Program
Program Time Frame
The Alumni Mentoring program takes place each academic year starting in late October and continues until early May. While the official program ends in May, mentors and mentees may continue their relationship on their own terms after the program is complete, should they choose.
Goals of the Program
The purpose of this program is for alumni to provide current UC Blue Ash students with professional and career guidance. We know our alumni have graduated from UC Blue Ash and accumulated insightful wisdom and tricks of their respective trade. What better way to make an impact on a student's life than to pass on that knowledge.
Join us in this program as we build relationships and better prepare tomorrow's leaders.
- Mentor/Mentee matches must connect at least once per month, but may connect more frequently (actual schedule determined at Kick-Off Event)
- Matches may connect using whichever format works best for them, including: in-person, phone conversation, email, video chat, etc. (NOTE: texting does not count as a monthly connection)
Mentors and mentees are required to turn in a Monthly Update at the end of each month
- Suggested monthly topics will be provided; however, matches may deviate from this list depending on individual mentee needs/interests
- For the Company Visit (March), mentors are asked to schedule one day to take their mentee to their place of employment, if possible, during the allotted two week time period. Through this activity, mentees will be exposed to a professional environment and are encouraged to shadow and conduct informational interviews. If a company visit is not possible at the mentor’s place of employment, mentors are asked to take their mentee on an Alternative Site Visit relevant to the mentee’s chosen major/career.
Quotes From Past UC Blue Ash College Mentors
“I became an alumni mentor because I remember all of the people who encouraged and guided me when I was a student. I wanted to have a positive impact on a student's life, just as so many people have had a positive impact in my life.”
–Josh Goode, alumni mentor
“This program can benefit alumni by further connecting them to the college in a powerful way, by sharing their educational and professional experiences with future Bearcats. Our firsthand testimonies can inspire growth and help to enrich the lives of our extended Bearcat family.”
–Henry Comer, alumni mentor